Our build scheduled to start on 15 February 2016 actually started on Tuesday 9 February - hopefully this sets the pace for the next 10 months! So this week is week 0 :).
Demo, demo, demo. Michael and I had demolished everything that we could without having too much of an impact on safety, and it looked pretty bare, but the builders made quick work of demolishing the carport, balustrading and our bathroom sleep out. We sold our carport pieces, so that triple wide 1970s masterpiece will be reborn in Wynnum.
I can't believe how much came out of a house that already seemed so empty. Our bathroom sleep out is barely standing, with just the floor and roof framing left.
We warned our builders about the family of possums living in the house, and we found two friends this afternoon. Hopefully they move out overnight.
We have made lots of decisions this week - changing our wardrobe door design, kitchen sink tap, positions of all of the wall mounted plumbing fixtures in all bathrooms, toilets. All of the things that we thought would be decisions we could make much further down the line. We had spent a lot of time specifying over the last 12 months, so this is hopefully the end of the major decisions, as most other choices have been locked in. From now on I think we will make some changes as we go, but we don't want to be making decisions on a deadline.